About the Upper Peninsula Food Exchange
The U.P. Food Exchange is a resource portal for farmers, businesses, and individuals looking to participate in the local food system. UPFE supports local food projects of all kinds, including policy work, community education, food safety, business development, farm to school, and more. Key to the work of the U.P. Food Exchange is the UPFE Online Marketplace, a food hub that aggregates local food products for institutions and retail in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
We broaden collaboration among communities for a mutually supportive food system in the Upper Peninsula.
We envision a U.P. where local food is abundant. Our food system is inclusive, resilient, and interconnected. Communities are empowered to have strong relationships with food, land, water, and each other.
We’re in this together. We believe in:
- Belonging, connection, and responsibility to the land, air, and water
- Curiosity, exploration, and collaborative problem-solving
- Finding the joy of life through food
- Strength found in equitable and diverse systems
- An economically, socially, and environmentally resilient food system
The U.P. Food Exchange is a collaboration between many businesses and organizations working together to support local food. This ensures that resources and services are shared across the Upper Peninsula. Services include:
- UPFE Online Marketplace
- UPFE cooler & dry storage rental for farms and food producers
- Public Food Summits
- Speakers Bureau
- Professional Training and Resources
- Farm to School Assistance
- Bi-weekly newsletter and social media to promote local food activities and information. View our Facebook and Instagram pages.